New HSP video coming shortly.
High School Preparation (HSP) for STEM Subjects
(Science, Technology, Engineering, Maths)
Looking for a quality High School Preparation (HSP) for STEM in Australia?
In response to the increasing focus on Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths (STEM) in Australian High Schools, and world wide AICOL has introduced its High School Preparation (HSP) for STEM course which will also include learning the basics of Coding.
The coding will be conducted over four hours a week Monday to Thursday for the duration of a ten week course and will provide students with skills including:
- Computational thinking
- Problem solving
- Logical thinking
At the conclusion of the Coding program students will understand how computer programs work and will be able to use basic coding language to develop their own apps and games.
Some good reasons to choose AICOL English school.:
- Fantastic location in a natural environment – Gold Coast of Australia
- Safe and friendly area
- Interesting and varied learning materials
- HSP timetable aligns with Queensland Education school terms:
|1||Monday 22 January – Thursday 29 March||10 weeks|
|2||Tuesday 17 April – Friday 29 June||11 weeks|
|3||Monday 16 July – Friday 21 September||10 weeks|
|4||Monday 8 October – Friday 14 December||10 weeks|
- 20 hours core class-time learning, plus library time and sports time
- Plus 4 hours Coding sessions 14:30 to 15:30 Monday to Thursday
- Introduces student to the Australian culture
- Tests and reports every 2 weeks
- Pre-Intermediate English level required
- Option to join Young Learner or General English class while waiting for HSP course commencement
- Suitable for age 12-16 year – primary school preparation also available
- Tuition refunded if you start your course early at the local school
- Quality AICOL homestay accommodation service with our own Coordinator
- AICOL offers a High School Placement service to both private and public schools
- Guardianship provided at nominal cost – conditions apply
High School Preparation Course – CRICOS No. 022332A – NEAS Accredited
A course to teach young students the English they need to settle comfortably and effectively into an Australian High School.
Our Director of Studies is available to assist students and parents decide which high school is best for their future study purposes. She will also assist with the high school placement if requested.